See More Jobs From Cargill
Location: - (Grande Prairie, Alberta, Western Canada, Canada)
Company: Cargill, Inc
Open Til: 16-Apr-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: General
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
I Choose Opportunity. Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill AgHorizons is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies and Ontario. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, agronomic and grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
Reporting to the Regional Grain Marketing Services Manager, the Grain Marketing Advisor is accountable for managing and delivering grain marketing services. Utilizing Cargill's grain marketing expertise and with the support of Cargill's merchants, market analysts, and a network of grain marketing managers and advisors, this position works directly with growers to develop a customized grain marketing plan for their farm to help them achieve a higher level of grain marketing through risk management. The Grain Marketing Advisor will work closely with a select group of customers within a specific region.
This position will be based out of the Cargill location in Rycroft, AB and covers the region around Peace River, AB. The Grain Marketing Advisor will spend 80% of his or her time traveling within the region visiting Cargill locations and producers.
Training: Working closely with your Grain Marketing Services Manager and team, you will participate in an intensive training program which includes one-on-one, on-the-job, and some classroom and online training, focusing in such areas as Risk Management, Grain Marketing and Consulting. Upon completion of the trainee program (approximately 6 months) you will be eligible to become a Grain Marketing Advisor and be assigned a territory. As a Grain Marketing Advisor, you will carry the primary responsibility for managing long term business relationships with Cargill's farmer customers and identify opportunities to help them succeed through Risk Management and Grain Marketing.
- 80% - Manage and deliver the grain marketing program. The Grain Marketing Advisor will work with customers to determine the farm enterprise's cost of production and develop a customized grain marketing plan. He or she will have frequent contact with the customer to help manage their plan and apply the proper risk management tools with the aid of an in-house software program. The Grain Marketing Advisor will have access to the expertise of Cargill's merchants and market analysts throughout this process.
- 15% - Communicate regularly with the regional sales team, alerting them of opportunities that exist with customers that are uncovered during the delivery of the grain marketing program.
- 5% - Provide support to and act as a back-up for the Regional Grain Marketing Services Manager. Support may include education, meeting attendance, and facilitation of workshops.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to listen and gain clear understanding of customers' needs.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, develop presentations and create document templates.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Creativity and initiative to think outside the box.
- Knowledge of agricultural production and farm management.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
- Knowledge of grain marketing and risk management.
- Knowledge of grain futures, options and markets.
- Understanding of the Canadian grain industry, including the Canadian Wheat Board, the Canadian Grain Commission and the Western Canadian environment.
- Excellent comprehension of risk management tools.
- Related post-secondary education, training or equivalent work experience.
- Strong sales aptitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Consulting experience.
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.