See More Jobs From Farm Credit
Location: - (Shelbyville, Kentucky, South United States, USA)
Company: Farm Credit Mid-America
Open Til: 05-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Finance/Banking
Career Type: Management / Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 3
Salary: Based on experience
Send This Job To A Friend
The Director Crop Insurance Operations provides leadership, coaching and direction to the Crop Insurance processing unit’s functional area. The primary responsibilities are to lead the team’s functions by providing strategic direction, workflow monitoring and assignment between CITs and CIS supported in the field, assessing workload volumes, compliance and control, as well as managing internal and external customer service.
The Director Crop Insurance Operations provides support to the Vice President – Insurance Services, Director Specialists (Team Leaders), Crop Insurance Specialists, Related Services Accounting department and other Business Development leaders.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 50-75%
SUPERVISES: Crop Insurance Technicians (CITs).
1. LEADERSHIP: Provides leadership, coaching, training, and direction to Crop Insurance Technicians, including documentation of processes and management of workflow.
2. CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Develops, coordinates and supports external customer communications and customer service. Establishes, develops, and maintains strong customer relationships by consistently providing quality service that is timely, thorough, and responsive and exceeds customer’s expectations. Provides support to Crop Insurance Specialist and Customer Service Representatives that ensures building quality customer relationships.
3. COMPLIANCE, RECORDS and REPORTING: Monitors RMA and internal compliance by completing reviews and sharing results with VP Insurance Services and Director Crop Insurance Specialists (Team Leaders). Maintains crop insurance files (electronic and hard copy) to ensure accuracy or record keeping. Maintains records of licensing, continuing education, appointment with carriers, annual certifications, etc. for crop insurance staff. Produces and analyzes regular reports, including activity, budget, portfolio, etc.
4. DELIVER, PROCESS AND SERVICE CROP INSURANCE PRODUCT: Renews crop insurance policies and assists in establishing new crop insurance policies for walk-in and telephone customers. This includes determining the customer’s needs, completing worksheets, and transmitting information. Assists the Crop Insurance Specialist in delivering and servicing related policies and products. Keys all forms including but not limited to applications, production and acreage reporting on customer's behalf in carrier underwriting systems.
5. CARRIER UNDERWRITING CONTROL & COORDINATION: Ensures coordination and collaboration with all contracted Insurance carriers to ensure accurate, efficient and timely submission of all required steps in the crop insurance process. This also includes coordination of carrier-provided underwriting training for all Crop Insurance staff.
6. CLAIMS REPORTING & COORDINATION: Assists Crop Insurance Specialist in receiving claims reports and insurance adjusting activities. Communicates claims to the Insurance carrier and follows up with carrier as needed to insure expected customer service. Also communicates with customers, adjusters and insurance company to facilitate the claim process.
7. CROSS-SELLING: Develops a customer relationship by proactively cross-selling products and services our customers or prospective customers and consistently using the Association's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
8. TEAM COORDINATION and SUPPORT: Coordinates with Crop Insurance Specialist on individual policies. Coordinates with Central Office departments to answer questions, resolve operation problems and share necessary information. Provides support to the Vice President – Insurance Services and Senior Crop Insurance Specialists (Team Leaders). Supports crop insurance related initiatives such as acquisitions, etc.
9. TRAINING: Consults and coordinates with Crop Insurance management team to assess training needs and design, develop, implement and evaluate training for all crop insurance technicians and other staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree Business, accounting or related subject plus a background in an agriculturally related field. Also requires at least three years of experience in a progressively responsible, process driven environment.