See More Jobs From Monsanto
Location: - (St. Louis, Missouri, Mid-West United States, USA)
Open Til: 07-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Crop Protection/Chemicals
Career Type: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated and experienced HR professional to join the Global Breeding Organization, a subfunction of Monsanto#39;s Technology Division, as a Sr. HR Generalist. In this role, you will have responsibility for providing HR leadership, and for driving the people strategies, and key HR processes across respective row crop breeding functions of Monsanto.
- Participate in the respective Crop Breeding / Functional Leadership team meetings to provide HR perspectives on new business strategies and processes.
- Gain a clear understanding of current and future business strategies in order to define and implement effective people strategies.
- Develop effective relationships with functional leaders to help them through controversial and/or complex situations.
- Champion the change management process within the functional team.
- Identify focus areas for people development in discussions with individuals & the leadership team.
- Develop and execute development plans for the respective Crop Breeding / functional team.
- Champion development of leaders within the teams.
- Assist in developing and implementing diversity and leadership development efforts.
- Lead the #39;People Review & succession planning process for the respective Crop Breeding / Functional team.
- Driving recognition process & programs for respective Crop Breeding / Functional team.
- Partner with Global Compensation team to ensure timely annual pay revisions and annual incentives.
- Provide qualitative inputs for management of Compensation and Benefits. Resolving ad-hoc issues and requests related to compensation.
- Provide support to compensation specialist on periodic market reviews through accurate job benchmarking and inputs on team structure strategy and experience.
- Championing Monsanto#39;s Development, Performance and Review system. Ensuring quality of the goal setting process and promoting a culture of feedback and development. Act as coach/consultant to people managers. Provide counsel and assist employees and people managers in resolving complex human resource problems, including disciplinary counseling, legal issues and terminations.
- Drive specific programs to engage commercial employees and drive strong retention. Influence key employee communication across the functional team.
- Manage key people process including transfers, promotions, reorganizations, policy implementation, employee processes in a smooth, transparent manner which build employee confidence and operational efficiency. Demonstrate proactive leadership during rollout of key HR initiatives and organizational change.
- Partner with appropriate HR specialist teams to deliver HR operational excellence. This includes staffing, compensation, organizational development, and benefits. Delivery of HR services across multiple remote locations / geographies.
- Partner with Regional HR teams to enable support for International Breeding employee populations.
- This includes responsibility for overall regional organization structure, compensation and incentive level changes, headcount approval, international people movement and functional communication.
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Organizational Psychology or related field of study.
- 7+ years progressive HR experience
- Experience developing, delivering and improving HR processes across multiple teams.
- Experience coaching and providing leadership development across multiple managerial levels.
- Knowledge of HR laws and policies.
- Experience and ability to develop and implement initiatives across multiple function business teams.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to operate in a matrixed structure.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work comfortably and influence all levels of a diverse organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and ability to travel internationally
- MBA or Masters Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field of study
- HR experience in a scientific or technology based organization