See More Jobs From Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Location: - (Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Mid-West United States, USA)
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Open Til: 24-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Feed
Career Type: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Warehouse Attendant – Cedar Rapids, IA
ADM Corn Processing
This is a non-exempt level position.
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Attendant
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
LOCATION: Cedar Rapids
SUPERVISOR: Warehouse Manager
JOB CLASS: Salaried Non-Exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: Under general supervision maintains warehouse. Unloading trucks, placing received materials into inventory, picks parts for production and maintenance and maintains accurate inventories.
Safely perform the day-to-day operation of the Maintenance Warehouse in efficiently meeting the needs of the plant Maintenance and Production departments. Specific responsibilities include receiving parts, putting parts in inventory, keeping the inventory organized, issuing parts and performing record keeping required to accurately track these actions using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (i.e. Maximo). Work is done in accordance with established policies, procedures and plant priorities.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING PREFERRED
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous warehouse and/or industrial plant experience
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- strong fundamental skills (math, reading, writing)
- Inventory and PC knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be dependable, ethical and professional
- Understanding of the importance of Safety
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Flexibility in accepting change and an attitude of continuous improvement
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs above shoulders and 80 lbs from floor to shoulder on an occasional basis
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs on an occasional basis
- Must be able to walk 1-3 hours
- Must be able to stand 5-8 hours
- Must be able to sit 1-3 hours
- Must be able to squat/kneel on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders on an occasional basis
- Must be able to grip/grasp/pinch on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work overhead on an occasional basis
- Must be able to operate the use of assistive transfer devices/carts
- Frequent computer/keyboarding and telephone use
- Must be able to use a hardhat, earplugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes and gloves when out in the plant
- This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.