See More Jobs From Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Location: - (Cordele, Georgia, South United States, USA)
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Open Til: 31-May-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Feed
Career Type: Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Dairy Specialist – Southeast
ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc., a fully-owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company and a leader in the commercial feed industry is seeking a qualified dairy leader in our Southeast United States territory. This position will provide dairy technical leadership to customers within the region. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Achieve dairy revenue, tonnage, market share, and product mix targets as directed for assigned listings and sales groups.
- Develop strategic prospecting plan to sell progressive, sustainable diary producers and support sales representatives’ efforts.
- Regularly contact customers and prospects, develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Provide sound nutritional and management consultation in an effort to enhance bottom line dairy profitability.
- Design and conduct technical training for Sales Reps, dealers and dairymen.
- Establish dairy product line, services, and marketing programs suitable to the local area.
- Formulate dairy rations to fit individual producer needs in conjunction with Formulations and Dairy Nutritionists.
Requirements for this position include a Master’s degree (PhD and/or DVM preferred), dairy industry/marketplace knowledge, prior sales experience with a proven track record in developing new dairy accounts, working knowledge of proper management and feeding practices, feed formulation/ration balancing, and strong agricultural business aptitude. The successful candidate will have superior verbal and written communication skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and have computer literacy.
The candidate must reside in the central/north Florida area, be comfortable with on-farm conditions (i.e. working around dairy cattle, farm machinery, etc.), have a valid driver’s license, withstand automobile confinement to serve geographic area, and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a routine basis.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.