See More Jobs From Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Location: - (Hazle Township, Pennsylvania, Mid-Atlantic United States, USA)
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
Open Til: 15-Jun-12
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Feed
Career Type: Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Send This Job To A Friend
Every day, the 30,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 265 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world’s premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 75 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois, and our net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, were $81 billion. For more information about our company and our products, visit www.adm.com.
Cocoa Processing – Hazleton, Pennsylvania
This is a full-time Non-Exempt position.
- Perform standardized laboratory qualitative and quantitative testing to comply with customer/company specifications. Will be required to analyze and record data, create paperwork and meet required scheduled guidelines. Testing will be performed on incoming raw materials and outgoing product at various stages within the processing of cocoa.
- Collect samples from manufacturing floor and by samples brought into the lab, utilizing established guideline and procedures for collection.
- Conduct standardized testing of raw material and end product at various stages in cocoa processing and chocolate manufacturing operations to ensure compliance to Company/Customer standards.
- Generate accurate documentation to report and summarize analytical results.
- Assures area compliance with plant and company safety, environmental, GMP, GLP’s, housekeeping, quality procedures, and policies.
- Perform duties in a safe manner both in the lab and in the manufacturing plant, utilizing all safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Able to differentiate items out of specifications, correlate numbers between different processes.
- Team oriented, organized and ability to work independently.
- Clean lab equipment as required.
- Perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a two year technical and/or 2 years of lab experience in food industry desired. Applicant must possess basic math and problem solving skills. Familiarity with personal computers is also beneficial. Applicant must have regular, prompt attendance. Must be able to stand for long periods, work in confined spaces and have good physical dexterity. Ability to climb stairs, some lifting, sit and stand for long periods of time, bending, kneeling and wearing of Personal Protective Equipment. Ability to work rotating shifts as position requires.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
Relocation Assistance is not available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer