See More Jobs From Hampton Farms
Location: - (Northeastern, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Grain
Career Type: Director
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 10
Send This Job To A Friend
- Four-year degree
- Grain/commodity experience REQUIRED
- Good grasp of hedging required
- Accounting basic skills and computer proficiency important including Excel
- Sales experience
- Must be a self starter
- Must possess integrity
LOCATION: Southeastern United States
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs final pricing of spot and forward purchase contracts while maintaining the hedge account. Charged with never leaving company in a speculative position. Makes sales contracts with end users to maximize profit and margin basis. Seeks to build strong relationships with local customers. Looks for opportunities to expand geography and cropping opportunities for company and growers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Director of Grain Services should become familiar with all aspects of Agris software system that relate to grain activities:
- Work with controller to improve accuracy of financial reporting;
- Work with local elevators to improve accuracy of inventory quantities and values;
- Set up procedures to monitor inventory quantities and turns to improve cash flow;
- Monitor month end market costs.
- Assist management and elevators in setting up procedures for local elevator pricing and basis.
- Directly responsible for keeping company hedging activities. As well, the “Director” is responsible for basis improvement, sales, and overall profitability.
- Assist in improving sales, sales growth and expansion within our geography.
- Assist management in increasing cropping opportunities.
- Effectively communicate between sales and growers at key meetings.
- Attend key industry meetings yearly.
- Report monthly to Company Management Team.