See More Jobs From Dupont Canada Inc.
Location: - (Central Ontario, Ontario, Central Canada, Canada)
Company: Dupont Canada Inc.
Open Til: 18-Feb-13
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Manage the selling activities for DuPont Crop Protection products in assigned geography and specific accounts. Manage the promotion and coordination of sales activities. Provide leadership and vision for the distribution channel (distributors and retailers) in the geography. Administer sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the territory.
Responsible for managing assigned sales geography and associated distributor and/or retailer accounts. Product portfolio includes DuPont Crop Protection products, Row Crops and Horticultural crops.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and new prospects to promote, sell & service DuPont Crop Protection products.
- Serve as a role model of sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Identify customer and geography needs and communicate these needs to Area Sales Manager and Key Account Managers.
- Manage assigned retailer account responsibility and develop account action plans.
- Create and implement a plan for assigned geography that includes: Assigning accounts and prioritizing time to maximize results in the field while creating the appropriate “push/pull” balance.
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback up and down the organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve district and area goals.
- Actively gather and communicate market conditions and trends; customer needs and values and product gaps in order to allow the business to create or modify product offerings.
- Implement marketing programs and evaluate retailer performance at the end of the season.
- Manage assigned profit objective within budget.
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments.
- Participate in key accounts management teams.
Education: BS or advanced degree in natural sciences, agronomy, business or related field. Previous sales experience and knowledge of crop protection market desirable.
To apply online, click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below. Please note: you will be re-directed to the DUPONT CANADA CORPORATE CAREER site to complete the application process.