See More Jobs From Murphy-Brown, LLC
Location: - (Ansonville, North Carolina, South United States, USA)
Company: Murphy-Brown LLC
Open Til: 14-Feb-13
Industry Sector: Production/Farming
Industry Type: Livestock
Career Type: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 2
Salary: commensurate w/exp.
Send This Job To A Friend
Summary: Responsibilities include total operation of a DN Complex including driving genetic improvement, training/developing employees, implementing corporate procedural policies, controlling operating costs, providing an overall quality product to the farm’s customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the highest levels of bio-security at all times
- Provide replacement breeding stock to Multiplication sow farms (including self-replacement)
- Drive genetic improvement and manage genetic components including but not limited to single-sire mating of appropriate animals, maintaining proper internal replacement rates, as well as proper selection of replacement gilts and cull animals based on genetic indexes
- Manages all activities/processes related to farm management and operations. Schedules/performs according to all standard procedures and policies set out by company technical manuals.
- Supports safety policy/procedures. Ensures actions are being taken to lower accident rates and injuries.
- Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws and procedures to which Murphy -Brown LLC subscribes.
- Responsible for effectively implementing and improving programs such as Animal Care, IPS, EMS, BMS, etc., across the entire complex.
- Develops subordinates by leading, planning (short and long term), managing, coaching, mentoring and providing a positive professional image at all times.
- Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor.
Education /Experience Requirements: Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a farm manager. Also must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Animal Science; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company housing is available with this position.
Equal Employer/Affirmative Action Employer m/f/d/v