See More Jobs From Genex Canada
Location: - (Ontario OR Quebec , Central Canada, Canada)
Company: Genex Canada
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Dairy
Career Type: Communications
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Genex Cooperative, Inc., seeks a highly motivated full-time Dairy Procurement and Marketing Specialist. The successful candidate will conduct dairy sire procurement activities within GENESIS and other preferred supplier accounts to help provide a strong genetic offering for the cooperative. Activities will include recruiting and maintaining these GENESIS and preferred supplier accounts, identifying male and female acquisition prospects, and making, negotiating, and communicating appropriate mating decisions to achieve department goals. In addition, the successful candidate will provide consulting activities and support to Genex Canada clients and field staff.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A bachelor's degree in Dairy or Animal Science or other related agricultural field.
- A preference will be given to candidates with experience in the AI industry or a similar field.
- Must possess strong communication and people skills, including negotiation, organization, and time management.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner through a variety of mediums.
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge of herd management software is a plus.
- Strong dairy background and an interest in dairy cattle genetics.
- Willingness to be challenged and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Moderate travel should be expected.
- Bilingual English/French is preferred.
If interested, please click APPLY TO THIS POSITION below.
Please apply no later than July 15, 2013.