See More Jobs From J.R. Simplot Company
Location: Oregon, West United States, USA
Company: J.R. Simplot Company
Industry Sector: Agribusiness
Industry Type: Agronomy
Career Type: General
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: N/A
Send This Job To A Friend
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume by clicking APPLY TO THIS POSITION below and following the prompts. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our application website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com or 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an opportunity available for an EHS&S Specialist. This position will be based out of our Rivergate fresh water terminal in Portland, Oregon.
The EHS&S Specialist performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health, safety and security disciplines to achieve compliance with the company's EHS&S standards and with federal, state, and maritime regulatory requirements This Specialist will be required to establish procedures including regulatory research and program development. She/he will assist in the implementation and maintenance of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety, security and health of employees and the community. A list of these responsibilities includes, but not limited to the following areas:
1) Reads, interprets, develops, implements and evaluates regulatory programs including Emergency Preparedness, Marine Facilities security program, etc.
2) Provides day-to-day support to Rivergate terminal in the following areas:
- TRI reporting
- SARA 302, 311, 312 and 313
- Environmental sampling
- Hazardous and other waste handling
- Air permits
- Storm water permit
- CERCLA release
- Drinking water regulations
3) Training development and delivery in the following areas:
- TSCA compliance training
- Safety permit
- Scaffold erection
- Fall protection
- Manmade minerals fibers
- Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- All other miscellaneous training as assigned
- Behavioral Based Safety
4) Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, safety, security and biological hazards including the emergency equipment mechanical integrity program, etc.
5) Participates in employee training, emergency preparedness, and quality assurance programs.
6) Provides back up support to administrative functions including customer service
7) Develops and implements formal file retention and auditing program
8) Participates in the PSM/RMP audits of terminal
9) Contractor orientations and safety
10) Engages in the Corporate EHS&S Assessment programs
1) Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university and five or more years of experience; or, equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or accredited certifications (e.g. CSP, CIH, OHST, STS).
2) Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
3) Requires ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
4) Excellent written & verbal communication skills
5) Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
SALARY: PG 43, 44
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply through Employee Space to Job #1826
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note: When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
If you experience difficulty applying, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your interest.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*