10 Reasons to Attend the AgCareers.com North American Ag HR Roundtable
The 2011 Ag HR Roundtable is just around the corner and early bird registration will be closing soon! Plan to attend this one-of-a-kind conference on August 1 – 3, 2011 in West Lafayette, Indiana on the beautiful Purdue campus. You won’t want to miss the great networking and educational opportunities scheduled for this year’s event. Registrations are already coming in and it looks like we’ll have a very nice crowd. Click here to register for the AgCareers.com Ag HR Roundtable.
In case you aren’t sure about attending or need to help sell your manager on why it is important to attend, here are 10 great reasons why every human resource professional, business leader, university/college career services staff and association representative within the agribusiness industry should attend.
- The AgCareers.com Ag HR Roundtable is a well established event that offers the most unique and rewarding peer networking experience available in the agriculture and food industries. This is the 9th year that AgCareers.com will be holding the event. Click here to see the companies that participated last year.
- This year’s Roundtable conference has been awarded 8.75 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The conference is a great avenue to meet continuing education/employee development goals.
- Relevant content around topics requested specifically by a committee of industry HR leaders. To see a list of the companies represented on the Organizing Committee click here.
- Industry and key college/university professionals can interact with each other in one location during networking times. Not only are connections on this level necessary for successful internship recruitment and developing a pipeline of talent for the future, but it is a cost effective way to accomplish college recruiting initiatives by having the ability to interact with multiple organizations all at once. Click here to see who is currently registered.
- Brainstorming sessions allow for idea sharing and industry benchmarking. New viewpoints can provide fresh ideas on best practices and policies that can be applied to your business.
- Time away from the office and daily grind is always a plus for perspective and re-energizing. This conference is sure to do that!
- The conference is an excellent opportunity to gain industry knowledge outside of your specific industry sector. We know that many human resource professionals don’t necessarily have an agriculture background, so this event is helpful to gain insight into the industry as a whole.
- FUN activities and a fast paced agenda – the conference wouldn’t be the same without the many networking activities, such as the Welcome Reception, Tuesday Evening Networking Dinner and optional breakfasts and tours. These events can all be found on the schedule of events.
- Program tracks designed to offer a one-of-a-kind customized learning experience. Not only do we offer several keynote sessions, we also offer two sets of concurrent sessions that are focused on three track areas – HR Management Practices, Recruiting Practices and University/College Focused content. These tracks, as well as our keynote sessions are being led by some exceptional speakers this year.
- And finally, your AgCareers.com team will be there to interact with you to learn more about your business and needs. Through this interaction we can help to offer solutions to your human resource needs as well as look for new ways to provide solutions for your business.
We would like to thank the conference hosts, ADM and Purdue University. As well, we’d like to thank our sponsors, ADM, Adayana, CGB Enterprises, CHS, Inc, Dow AgroSciences, Purdue, Valent and Wilbur-Ellis.
For more information or to register please click here. We hope to see you in August!